Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

Rubbish bins are important to our environment!

We should have rubbish bins in our school

First argument: I think we should have rubbish bins in our school because if we don’t, birds could pick up rubbish and scatter them around, making the school look dirty.

Second argument:  Schools  should  have rubbish bins  so that students do not have to bring their rubbish home.  At school, we have bins for normal rubbish and we also have bins for recycling.  We recycle cardboard and plastic bottles. We reuse plastic bags again and again so we can reduce the amount of rubbish.

Third argument: I know we need  rubbish bins in our school and teach the students to reuse, reduce and recycle so  we can make  ourselves  good examples  to others  in making the earth clean.

Conclusion: Rubbish bins in schools are important for our environment because it will help students to learn and practise the value of reuse,reduce and recycle and to also learn to care for the earth.
Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a persuasive writing.

Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I explain three reasons why we should have rubbish bins at school.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, my name is Jacob and I am a student in Manukau at Waikowhai Primary. I really like your arguments about rubbish bins. It made me think of how many bins we have at our school. Have you thought about also applying your arguments to recycling bins, because they do similar things? If you would like to see my learning, my blog is wpsjacobw.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jacob

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.